Get Access To Facilities, Equipment & Training Programs!
Haverhill Community Television’s members have access to our facilities, equipment, and training programs. But in order to become a member of Haverhill Community Television, you’ll have to meet a few requirements first.
Any resident of Haverhill, Massachusetts, who is 12 years of age or older may request use of the community television facilities. A minor may use these facilities if an adult resident assumes legal responsibility by making all necessary applications. For approved special projects, the Program Director may waive the age requirements.
In order to facilitate the development of community television programming that will meet area communication needs and be of interest and service to cable subscribers, HCTV staff will authorize non-residents to use community facilities subject to meeting one of the following requirements:
- An employee of an institution or governmental agency that does business in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- Members of an organization that serves or is located in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
- Full-time students of an educational institution in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
Terms of Engagement
- Residents of Haverhill have priority for checking out equipment, using facilities, scheduling telecast time and may preempt non-residents.
- All productions using community television equipment and facilities must be cablecast on Haverhill Community Television.
- Use of equipment for commercial or purely personal purposes is prohibited.
- Any person desiring to become a member of Haverhill Community Television must first sign up for and complete the HCTV Basic Training Course.
Types Of Memberships
Haverhill Community Television offers three types of Memberships. Each membership is designed to target a specific category of the community that Haverhill Community Television serves. The three types of memberships are:
ASSOCIATE MEMBER: A member of HCTV who desires to receive the HCTV Newsletter, and attend events, but is not necessarily interested in participating day-to-day activities. Benefits include: Member ID card; newsletter and program guide; invitation to annual member functions.
BASIC MEMBER: A member of HCTV who desires to utilize any and all of HCTV’s resources. Benefits include: Member ID card; newsletter and program guide; invitation to annual member functions; access to reserve equipment and facilities.
ORGANIZATION MEMBER: A member of HCTV who desires to utilize any and all of HCTV’s resources, who does not reside in Haverhill, but works for an organization that is located in Haverhill. Benefits include: Member ID card; newsletter and program guide; invitation to annual member functions; access to reserve equipment and facilities.